Why Choose Selenium IDE ?
- To learn about concepts on automated testing and Selenium, including:
- Selenese commands such as type, open, clickAndWait, assert, verify, etc.
- Locators such as id, name, xpath, css selector, etc.
- Exporting test cases in various formats.
- To create tests with little or no prior knowledge in programming.
- To create simple test cases and test suites that you can export later to RC or WebDriver.
- To test a web application against Firefox only.
Selenium IDE Advantages
- It has built in help and test results reporting module.
- It provides support for extensions.
- No programming knowledge is required only Html and DOM knowledge is needed.
- Selenium IDE is very easy to use and install.
- It can export tests to formats usable in Selenium RC and Selenium Web Driver.